Terms & Conditions
PAYMENT OF GOODS
- Customers are required to pay a 50% non-refundable deposit on the date of ordering all bridal gowns and accessories. Monies are not refundable nor are they transferable to other goods once an order has been placed. (Sale of Goods act 1979)
- Goods ordered that are not available from stock normally take up to 16 weeks for delivery. All other goods sold ‘off the rail’ are sold as seen; therefore it is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure that they are happy with the goods at the time of purchase. Shade Bridal Ltd will not accept responsibility for the condition of goods once they have left the premises.
- The price of garments excludes all costs in respect of alterations.
- Exact colours and shades on fabrics and designs on trim, including beading and lace, cannot always be guaranteed, as all ordered garments are hand-made and subject to some variation.
- All garments are ordered to a standard size offered by the designers, which often differ from those found on the high street. Please note that gowns sold by Shade Bridal Ltd are made to order and not made to measure.
- Customers are required to settle any outstanding balance due once an ordered gown has arrived in store, and before any alterations are carried out. All garments remain the property of Shade Bridal Ltd until paid for in full.
- After a sales order has been signed and the order placed, Shade Bridal Ltd cannot and will not accept any responsibility in respect of any changes which may occur in the customer’s size and body shape.
- In the event of a wedding or occasion being cancelled for any reason whatsoever, balance on ordered goods becomes payable immediately and all items must be collected. There will be no exception and no monies refunded.
- Customers should retain their sales contracts and any other receipts as proof of purchase.
- Customers who cancel their sales contracts are not entitled to any refund. Please be aware that once gowns or occasion wear outfits are ordered, minimum cancellation periods from suppliers apply to Shade Bridal Ltd and under no circumstances can this be changed.
FITTINGS AND ALTERATIONS
- Shade Bridal Ltd offers a fitting and alteration service which is independent from the shop and is provided by recommended seamstresses. Fittings and alterations may be carried out elsewhere; customers are not obliged to use the services provided by the store’s recommended seamstresses.
- Our recommended seamstresses are fully responsible for their works carried out on garments. Shade Bridal Ltd does not accept any responsibility for said work.
- No fittings will be carried out until gowns or occasion wear outfits are paid for in full.
- Fittings are generally started approximately six weeks before the date at which the garment is required. Customers can expect to attend up to four fittings and are asked to make themselves available for said fittings when reasonably required.
- It is essential that customers bring their shoes and any under wear being worn on the occasion day to their fittings.
- We will recommend the amount of alterations to gowns, but if the customer insists on a tighter fit or an alteration we and the seamstress do not recommend, then we will not be held responsible for the outcome. Advice taken from the alteration specialist is taken at the customer’s own risk and responsibility.
- We do not accept responsibility for bridal gowns not fitting when collected due to a customer’s change in body shape and size or any other reason beyond our control.
NON-COLLECTION OF GOODS
- If customers do not collect their goods (even if paid for in full) within three months of the specified occasion date passing, then the contract for goods will be deemed cancelled without further notice and any monies paid will not be refunded. The uncollected goods will then be returned to Shade Bridal Ltd to be re-sold.
All goods held in store, in transit to and held at our recommended seamstresses premises, are covered by Shade Bridal Ltd’s comprehensive insurance policy.
The Terms and Conditions outlined above do not affect the customer’s statutory rights.
Shade Bridal Ltd
2b 100 Melton Road
Nottingham NG2 6EP
VAT No. 100 5147 76
This policy sets out different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
The website www.shadebridal.co.uk and its owner takes a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
The information contained in this website is for general information and for the purpose of informing customers about their purchase process in undertaking services from Shade Bridal. The information is provided by Shade Bridal and we endeavour to keep all information up to date and correct. However, we reserve the right to revoke information upon our discretion. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability regarding the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Through this website we present the ability for you to link to other websites which are not under the control of Shade Bridal. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of external sites linked to through www.shadebridal.co.uk. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse any views expressed within them.
ONLINE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Online dispute resolution is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedure conducted online. If you have a dispute, please go to The ODR Platform portal.
The ODR Platform provides a portal for consumers to submit a complaint to a relevant, registered ADR provider with the aim of resolving the dispute. It offers a translation function to help facilitate cross-border disputes. This platform was created as a way to settle disputes out of court in a simple, fast and low-cost way.
CONTACT & COMMUNICATION
Users contacting www.shadebridal.co.uk and/or its owner do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with free products/services, information about products/service, and newsletters with relevant information. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
www.shadebridal.co.uk operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website, and blog posts/news/articles that may be relevant. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable for this service. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owner may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; www.websitename.co.uk.)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
ADVERTS AND SPONSORED LINKS
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
SHORTENED LINKS IN SOCIAL MEDIA
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses].
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
RESOURCES & FURTHER INFORMATION
Data Protection Act 1998
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 - The Guide
ABOUT SHADE BRIDAL
Shade Bridal is a limited company owned and managed by Jessica Beard. The registered business address is Shade Bridal, Suite 2b, 100 Melton Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 6EP.